Content Writer: Writers can produce a wide variety of content for the Web, from articles and reviews to game scripts. Most Web content writers are self-employed and work as freelancers. They can often make their own schedules, but they may have to work odd hours to meet the demands of multiple clients.
Career Opportunities in Content Writing
- Web Content Writer: Web Content Writers compose content for online consumption. As a web content writer, you have to write information about the company, how does the company works, product/services, blogs/articles, information about the team members, customer testimonials, email marketing and so on. They are expected to create content that is optimized for the web. As a writer, you must break things down into short paragraphs, with headers if necessary, use bullet points and highlight important words or phrases. Mostly, web content writers are freelancers; however, a lot of companies offer full-time jobs as well.
- Creative Content Writer and Editor: Creative Content Writers and Editors are hired by various publishing houses. You have written current news, blogs/articles on trendy topics, reviews and so on. They are also involved in composing statement of purpose, letters of recommendations, resumes, application essays, scholarship letters, and motivation letters and so on. You should be able to translate client briefs into creative ideas, able to write and put ideas clearly and must have strong communication & creative writing skills.
- Freelancers: As a freelancer, your roles and responsibilities depend upon which organization you are working with. Your work ranges from social media engagement to content development to email marketing and collateral development. In Social Media Engagement, you have to create and post informative content on various Social Media platforms and manage them. For Content Development, you have to research, create engaging blogs, promote and share blogs on platforms like Quora, Medium etc. You have to edit and proofread content as well. Email Marketing would include creating and managing various email campaigns, including the template designs, calls-to-action, and content used in our email. Collateral Development includes creating marketing collaterals such as Posters, Smart Fliers/Brochures, Videos, White Papers, Customer Case Studies, and Student Testimonials etc.
- Content Writers for Marketing: They have to write and coordinate content for newsletters, blogs, testimonials, email templates, corporate reports, presentations, etc. and juggle several content projects at the same time. You have to contribute to the companies social channels (with emphasis on Facebook, Instagram, Quora, Twitter & LinkedIn), helps plan and implement social marketing campaigns for specific marketing goals, and stays up-to-date with best practices in writing for the web, social media trends, web usability, web design, search engine optimization, and business/industry trends.
- Blogger: A Blog Is An Online Journal That A Writer Can Use To Share His Ideas, Thoughts, Expertise, Or Interests. Therefore, A Blogger Is Someone That Writes His Ideas And Thoughts Online. Blogging Is About Self-expression. Bloggers Write about Their Lives, Their Experiences, Their Expertise, Their Passions, and Their Opinions.
- Script Writer: Scriptwriters/Screenwriters Create Ideas and Bring Stories to Life in Scripts for Feature Films, TV Comedy and Drama, Animation, Children’s Programs and Computer Games.
As A Screenwriter, You Might Develop Your Own Original Ideas And Sell Them To Producers. Alternatively, Producers May Commission You To Create A Screenplay From An Idea Or True Story, Or To Adapt An Existing Piece Such As A Novel, Play Or Comic Book.